Know your extra virgin olive oil. Not all extra virgin olive oils are created equal. This is why we got into the business of certified ultra-premium extra virgin olive oil. With a lot of research we bring you the freshest extra virgin olive oil that is tested by a third party lab for analysis. The polyphenol levels, free fatty acids, peroxide value, oleic acid and diaglyceride bonds are measured and must be at a certain level to be certified Ultra- Premium. Learn more and experience what nose and flavor notes of fresh extra virgin olive tell you.
Europe is looking deeper into the fraudulence see article link below:
Mediterranean Education & Tasting Plate Event – additional evening!!
Due to an enthusiastic response we are extending an additional date:
November 4, Wednesday
Time: 6:30 – 8:00pm
RSVP required. Limited Space
November 7, Saturday, 1:00 – 4:00pm, at Stonington Vineyards, Wine & Olive Oil Pairings, Open to the public. Join us for the afternoon. Store is open also!
November 11, Wednesday, 6:00 – 8:00pm, “Grape Expectations” benefit Renaissance City Theatre – The Granite Theatre. At The Venice Restaurant, 169 Shore Rd, Westerly. Tickets available call 401-596-2344. Donation: $25.00.
November 14, Saturday, 9:00am – 1:00pm, at the Central Baptist Bazaar, Elm Street, Westerly. We will be showcasing gift ideas, healthy choices, flavors and creations.
November 18, Wednesday, 6:30 – 8:00pm, at Capizzano Olive Oils & Vinegars
Introduction to Mediterranean Lifestyle series
8 Simple Steps Discussion & tastings to complement your palate and senses.
Email us CapizzanoCo@gmail.com or call 860-495-2187
We were glad to be a part of this fundraising event to increase awareness for The Frank Olean Center and the resources they provide for families and individuals who need assistance when faced with disabilities. Many came out in support of their mission. A fun event pairing delicious food, with exceptional wines from Stonington Vineyards, with our superb extra virgin olive oils with aged balsamic vinegar. See photos of event with link below from The Westerly Sun.
Stephen and I enjoyed being a part of the annual Dante Society event at the Calabrese Club in Westerly, Rhode Island with more than 200 guests attending. Presentation was about the “Truth about Extra Virgin Olive Oil” and why all olive oils are NOT created equal. Learn more about Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive at our store with tastings, pairings, recipes and education. The poem “Crushing Green Fruit” was read, see the poem on our website, written by Michael Bradley.
October Breast Cancer Awareness Month
We are happy to announce that we will be donating $1.00 for each bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Aged Balsamic Vinegar (200ml, 375ml, and 750ml size) purchased during the month of October in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Join our effort to help find a cure!
A new study finds that following a Mediterranean diet, especially one that is heavy with ‘fresh/seasonal high quality extra virgin olive oil (with defined polyphenol & oleic acid levels)’, may reduce the risk of breast cancer. See article in link provided: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-mediterranean-diet-olive-oil-breast-cancer-risk-20150914-story.html
We will be doing our part to increase awareness through the benefits of using Ultra-Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oils in our daily diet with a Mediterranean Lifestyle in upcoming events.
Suzanne and Stephen
Extra virgin olive oil is highest in health-promoting fats, phytonutrients, anti-inflammatory benefits and other important micronutrients.
EIGHT SIMPLE STEPS FOR EATING THE MEDITERRANEAN WAY
1. Eat lots of vegetables. From a simple plate of sliced fresh tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and crumbled feta cheese to stunning salads, garlicky greens, fragrant soups and stews, healthy pizzas, or oven-roasted medleys, vegetables are vitally important to the fresh tastes and delicious flavors of the Med Diet.
2. Change the way you think about meat. If you eat meat, have smaller amounts – small strips of sirloin in a vegetable sauté, or a dish of pasta garnished with diced prosciutto.
3. Enjoy some dairy products. Eat Greek or plain yogurt, and try smaller amounts of a variety of cheeses.
4. Eat seafood twice a week. Fish such as tuna, herring, salmon, and sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and shellfish including mussels, oysters, and clams have similar benefits for brain and heart health.
5. Cook a vegetarian meal one night a week. Build meals around beans, whole grains, and vegetables, and heighten the flavor with fragrant herbs and spices. Down the road, try two nights per week.
6. Use good fats. Include sources of healthy fats in daily meals, especially extra-virgin olive oil, nuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, olives, and avocadoes.
7. Switch to whole grains. Whole grains are naturally rich in many important nutrients; their fuller, nuttier taste and extra fiber keep you satisfied for hours. Cook traditional Mediterranean grains like bulgur, barley, farro and brown, black or red rice, and favor products made with whole grain flour.
8. For dessert, eat fresh fruit. Choose from a wide range of delicious fresh fruits — from fresh figs and oranges to pomegranates, grapes and apples. Instead of daily ice cream or cookies, save sweets for a special treat or celebration.
Stephen has just returned from UC Davis Olive Center at The Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine & Food Science, Davis, California finishing a Sensory Evaluation of Olive Oil Certificate Course.
He is [we are] looking forward to sharing this unique tasting and educational odyssey with you in our upcoming events.
We continue to expand our knowledge to bring you the highest quality Ultra Premium extra virgin olive oil & aged balsamic vinegar and more to your palate and health.
Look for our upcoming events.
Using our fresh Seasonal “Extra Virgin Olive Oil” in recipes provides many health benefits with polyphenols (anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant benefits), low Free Fatty Acids and Peroxide Values. Learn more by visiting us.
Continue reading “Capizzano Olive Oils & Vinegars Mentioned in The Westerly Sun”
May is Mediterranean Life Style Awareness Month. A Way of Life.
Continue reading “May is Mediterranean Life Style Awareness Month”