Photo by Simply Fresh Dinners
Cranberry Orange Salsa
A clean fresh salsa for crackers cheese on top of fish or by itself. A lot of color, flavor and texture to complement your menu. Adding Capizzano Olive Oils & Vinegars. Original recipe by Simply Fresh Dinners and photo credit.
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 pound cranberries, washed and drained
- ⅓ cup real Maple Syrup + 2 TB Capizzano’s Aged Maple Balsamic
- 3 Tablespoons Zest of an Orange
- 3 Granny Smith Apples organic, diced into small chunks
- 2 Oranges peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon Sea Shakes with Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ bunch of cilantro
- 6 green scallions, washed and sliced thinly
- Put cranberries in food processor – pulse intermittently until chopped. Put chopped cranberries in a large bowl. Add maple syrup mix into cranberries stir well. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour letting flavors blend together.
- Test the flavor, you can add a bit more maple syrup if needed.
- Combine remaining ingredients to cranberries and mix well. Chill for an hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers, cheeses, on top of fish or just by itself a wonderful complement to your menu.
- Mix can be made up to 3 days ahead.
- Note: I add the apples into my food processor and pulse into small chunks.