Spiced Apple and Chickpea Muffins
Event Recipe from our team member Carol!
2 cups all-purpose organic flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp apple pie spice
Dash of Sea Salt
1 cup chopped apples
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 cup organic garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 TB Capizzano’s Medium Intensity UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil Options: Butter Olive Oil or Roasted Walnut Oil
1. Oven 375 degrees F. Lightly oil the inside of the muffin tins (regular or mini size)
2. In Large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, apple pie spice and Sea Salt. Add apples, toss gently to cover.
3. Medium bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, mashed garbanzo beans, yogurt, applesauce and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until moistened. Spoon batter into lightly oiled muffin cups.
4. Bake for 13 minutes with mini muffins. Bake for 17 minutes for larger muffin tins until light golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool in tins or on wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
5. Top with a drizzle of Roasted Walnut Specialty Oil with Aged Red Apple Balsamic or Cider Reduction Syrup; whisk together (2 to 1 ratio) with oil to balsamic and drizzle. Deliciousness!
6. Option: Add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful dessert